MISTER FREEDOM® COLLECTIONS
Les Apaches Collection
BY: MISTER FREEDOM®
MF® Originals Manufacturer
MFSC® American Headquarters.
Vintage clothing and accessories supplier.
7161 Beverly Boulevard
Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA 90036
Tel: (323) 653 2014
Fax: (323) 932 9590
11:00 am to 6:00 pm, 7 days a week.
We took some liberties with the concept story for this item and transported our characters in a somewhat later setting of life in the city. From the ranches, to the saloons, to any job that paid the bills… The back drop for the “Frontier Chinos” could be an old filling station on route 1, or the truck depot of a So Cal orange grove Company…
These trousers are a combination of several vintage work pants styles. The construction and pattern are inspired by 1930’s ~ 40’s light weight twill work chino uniforms rather than the traditional and widely replicated US military type chino pants.
However, the silhouette could be reminiscent of a late 50’s ‘Ivy League’ classic slacks type, with its slimmer legs, fitted seat and mid rise. You can always size up for a ‘roomier’ look, and use the cinch back strap. We wanted pants that didn’t ‘scream’ skinny or baggy, but just looked like… men’s pants.
We used two types of USA made New Old Stock (NOS) denim for the production of these trousers. The fit is consistent in both options, only the denim weight/feel differ. We opted for a ‘tailor shop’ look and left the bottom open, so you get to choose your preferred way of hemming them.
An original MFSC® pattern, influenced by vintage work type chino pants.
Two limited batches of raw NOS selvedge denim.
* Type A: Dark indigo sanforized denim. White selvedge with black stripe. 3 by 1 twill, about 12 Oz. (more of a regular ‘five pocket’ type denim feel)
* Made in USA.
* Original MFSC® woven rayon label, concealed under the belt.
Designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co under our MFSC® collaboration. Limited Edition.
* Slender silhouette, mid rise.
* Metal ‘Deco’ riveted waist/fly buttons, gun metal color.
* Cinch back strap, with vintage French NOS metal slider buckle.
* Wide and slim belt loops combination.
* Open length, tailor style (I opted for a traditional 1 ½’’ trousers style cuff on my own pair.)
* Flat felled seam sit and inseam construction, selvedge leg side seam.
* Front slash pockets (with concealed selvedge opening fold), coin pocket, back welt pockets.
* Traditional 100% cotton unbleached ‘Sail Cloth’ pocket bags and lining.
* Black 100% cotton thread construction.
For the USA, the FRONTIER CHINOS comes in an old school cardboard box with original MF® artwork. This sturdy box, and can be used for storage of small items. Please re-use.
CLICK TO ENLARGE
The trousers come unwashed/raw. Because the denim is sanforized, the shrinkage is minimal in length/width (1%~2%).
They are true to size, meaning a tagged Waist 32 measures about 32’’ before and after rinse. If you are a 32’’ waist, you need a tagged 32. Do not boil/machine dry your pants to get them to fit: get your correct size instead.
As with all raw denim, indigo color bleeding/rubbing is expected in the early months of wearing. Available Raw/Unwashed
12oz. Denim A,B,C
Californian Lot .64: Uncle Sam Issue
Color: 13.75oz Denim
Californian Lot. 74
Color: 12.5 oz Denim
Californian Lot. 654
Color: 12oz NOS Denim
Color: 14oz Denim