MISTER FREEDOM® COLLECTIONS
Les Apaches Collection
BY: MISTER FREEDOM®
MF® Originals Manufacturer
MFSC® American Headquarters.
Vintage clothing and accessories supplier.
7161 Beverly Boulevard
Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA 90036
Tel: (323) 653 2014
Fax: (323) 932 9590
11:00 am to 6:00 pm, 7 days a week.
* An original MF® pattern, inspired by 1950’s US military jungle boots and service boots.
* MF® old school flat toe box.
* Shoe Vamp/Heel: Vegetable tanned cow hide, USA origin. Same leather featured on the Black MF® Road Champ engineer boots. The hand-dyed black leather color with brown undertones will age nicely, according to one’s use and conditioning preferences.
* Shoe Quarter/Tongue: Single layer heavy canvas from a limited stock of 60’s era NOS duffle bags, EU military surplus origin. Strong cotton-linen blend.
* Ankle Band/Eyelet Facing: Genuine Kangaroo leather, origin Australia. Same grade we used for the MF® scutler cap head bands. Kangaroo hide was in the past used to make soccer shoes, due to its non-stretch and rot-resistant properties.
* Vintage limited supply of USA-made NOS ‘NITRENE’ rubber half sole and heel combo, “Non Marking, Oil Resistant, Long Wearing” (so they say, so that must be true…)
* Waxed cotton round woven chocolate brown laces.
* HBT Olive Drab bias taped tongue.
* Concealed woven MF® “The Sportsman” label.
* Made in USA
The Trooper lasts are those of our Road Champ. If you are familiar with our engineer boot, the fit is the same, if only more ‘flexible’ around the arch/ankle due to lacing.
There is no real magic formula to advise on sizing, as everyone’s foot proportions/sock preferences vary.
However, according to feedback, sizing down HALF your sneaker size seems to work. If you are a 10 in New Balance sneakers, you are probably a 9½ in the Trooper.
And like they say, it always works, sometimes.
The Trooper Boots are low maintenance, easy to break-in. I recommend just wearing them as-is and let your feet do the work.
They age very nicely, faster if you chose hiking over playing Angry Birds at home. For those worrying about scuffs, mud, stains and nicks, there might be other more appropriate footwear choices out there.
If needed, leather conditioners such as Pecard can be applied to keep the leather healthy. For those into waxing, the canvas can be treated with Otter Wax fabric dressing, or left as-is and brushed clean when needed.
Garrison Twill Pants
Color: 12.5oz Midnight Denim
Color: Vegetable Tan Cow Hide
Color: Black Cow Hide
Mister Freedom® Palladenim®
Color: 16oz Denim