MISTER FREEDOM® COLLECTIONS
Les Apaches Collection
BY: MISTER FREEDOM®
MF® Originals Manufacturer
MFSC® American Headquarters.
Vintage clothing and accessories supplier.
7161 Beverly Boulevard
Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA 90036
Fax: (323) 932 9590
11:00 am to 6:00 pm, 7 days a week.
After our Apache casquette, “La Deffe“, from our previous “Les Apaches” collections, we persist with the Underworld… Not an apologia of violence or hooliganism by any means, just visual inspiration, more interesting than Fashion runways to me.
I visited an exhibition in Paris a while back, featuring mugshots by French anthropometry photography pioneer Alphonse Bertillon, from the archives of the “Police Nationale” (from the 1880′s on). Besides the obvious seriousness of the subject, you could clearly see above the waist outfits of the ‘everyday’ men and women who fell on the wrong side of the Law. Snap shots of what they wore on the fatal day, caught in the act. Fascinating.
There are a few interesting ‘mugshots’ books available today, from International origins. While Paris of the Belle Époque had its ‘Apaches’, Manchester enjoyed the ‘Scuttlers’. Less dancing involved, but a cultural impact nonetheless. All losers or victims of the Second Industrial Revolution.
Our version (again, nothing literal) of the “Scuttler Cap” is a eight panel ‘newsboy’ style hat, with an original Mister Freedom® pattern. It can be worn and shaped in several fashions, straight, tilted to the side or back, un-snapped, backwards, tilted to the front to hide a shiner…
* Assorted vintage selvedge New Old Stock fabrics, 100% cotton or cotton/linen métisse. Limited availability per styles. Textiles of assorted origins, 1930′s to 1960′s. See detailed fabric photos for plain weave indigo dyed, woven plaid, gry HBT, covert twill, woven stripes etc…
* Kangaroo leather inner headband.
* Matching fabric covered top buttons, hand made (yes, that was a task enough to be mentioned!)
* NOS cotton biased tape seam piecing.
* Snap brim (A-2 pockets type metal snaps, mil-specs)
* Leather head band. The head band will very lightly stretch back with repeat wear, and ‘mold’ to your head. Cap sizes are measured AFTER rinse, to the best of our abilities.
Professional Hat cleaner Dry Cleaning ONLY, if needed. Do NOT wash.
Very limited edition, all one-of-a-kind, none are perfect, hand Made in USA.
57cm (~ US 7 1/8)
58cm (~ US 7 1/4)
59cm (~ US 7 3/8)
60cm (~ US 7 1/2)
61cm (~ US 7 5/8)
62cm (~ US 7 3/4)
Due to the specialty nature of this product, we offer personal customer service to insure that you receive the right: Color, Size, ect...
Please contact Mister Freedom at the following:
+ 1 (323) 653-2014
11am - 6pm ( pst )
Casquette La Deffe
Color: Options +
Color: Navy 100% Wool
Color: Green 100% Wool