Cowboy Jacket - Wheat Pique
* Fabric: Wheat (unbleached natural color), 100% cotton 12.05 Oz. piqué fabric, selvedge, milled in Japan.
* NOS woven stripe fabric accents on pocket flap facing.
* Fairly trim silhouette, sixties vibe.
* Original MF® slanted flap chest pockets.
* Original MF® cast brass tack buttons.
* MF® tonal “M” stitching on pockets.
* Fabric selvedge displayed on front panel fold.
* Buttoned cinch-waist side tabs.
* Copper rivet reinforcements backed by leather washers for pockets and sleeve placket.
* Double MF® labeling: Early workwear style printed cloth “Buckaroo” mfsc neck label and woven original “Yucatán” inner waistband label.
* 100% cotton tonal stitching, with red chainstitch accent on the inside.
* Made in USA.
The Mister Freedom® Cowboy Jacket comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Fits true to size. Size down for slim fit.
CL's Advice: As I did with all previous versions of the MF® Cowboy Jacket, I opted to size down to a Small (36) in this SS2019 Piqué edition. I am usually in between sizes (36 and 38) and went for the slimmer/shorter silhouette for this jacket. Note that unlike most denim fabrics, this piqué fabric will not stretch with wear.
Machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
NOTE: Some light color bleeding might be expected from the light brown leather washers after the initial soak or first washes, resulting in some color transfer visible on the wheat version. This will subside with subsequent wash cycles. Do not use bleach, as this will ruin your jacket, nor use hot water, as that might fix the color transfer permanently.
The Cowboy Jacket is an ever popular stable of our ongoing made in USA Sportsman catalog. Style-wise, our Cowboy Jacket is inspired by the familiar trucker-type denim jacket family of its legendary predecessors.
Our specific pattern combines influences of several vintage iconic models, without doing a full literal cut/paste out of respect for the original long-established brands.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.