Californian Lot. 64 - SC66 Denim (Straight Leg)
Pattern: Our classic Californian Lot 64 blue jeans feature a mid-rise, straight leg and a slightly tapered silhouette for that desirable 1960’s vibe. Visit the Californian Family-page for more info on our blue jeans offerings.
Fabric: 14 Oz. “SC66” right-hand-twill denim (aka Sugar Cane 1966), white/pink line selvedge ID, milled in Japan.
Pocket Bags: Vintage NOS woven plaid fabric, turquoise/green/red dominant, 100% cotton.
- Classic vintage five-pocket pattern.
- Button fly.
- Traditional selvedge leg outseam.
- MF® original white “M” stitch design on rear pockets.
- Hand-debossed natural veg-tan cowhide leather MF® patch on rear pocket.
- Twelve types of 100% cotton threads (gauge and color combination) used for construction. Main colors are yellow and orange, with white accents.
- Selvedge button hole fly placket.
- Hidden back pocket reinforcement rivets, with top pocket reinforcement zig-zag stitching.
- Unlined rear pockets.
- Original silver-color ‘oxidized’ MF® metal cast waist/fly shank buttons.
- Unmarked copper riveting for pocket opening reinforcement.
- Original MF® turquoise paper pocket flasher.
- Made in USA
The Mister Freedom® Californian LOT 64 SC66 comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
Wash when necessary. We recommend turning garment inside-out to avoid potential marbling of the denim fabric. Wash separately from light-colored garments.
Machine wash with cold water, gentle cycle, eco-friendly mild detergent and line dry.
As with all indigo-dyed denim, temporary croaking (color bleeding) is to be expected, as the indigo color could potentially rub on light color garments and furniture. Indigo rubs can easily be spot cleaned using a small amount of laundry detergent on a clean damp cloth.
Our classic Californian Lot 64 blue jeans feature a mid-rise, straight leg and a slightly tapered silhouette for that desirable 1960’s vibe.
The “SC66” (Sugar Cane 1966) 14 Oz. indigo denim twill is an old favorite of ours, making its initial mfsc appearance on the first ever LOT64 model, introduced sometime in 2013. My worn and later cropped-up pair is displayed above, as a reference to the fading potential of that specific denim fabric. Another worn specimen can be seen here. That same denim was also used on this seasons Ranch Blouse SC66 and both the 2013 “Lot64” Ranch Blouse, and its 2014 “Uncle Sam” follow-up version.
When we heard that our friends at Toyo Enterprises had a new batch milled last year, we jumped on the occasion to bring back this long-sold-out favorite to the mfsc Sportsman catalog.
The Mister Freedom® Californian LOT 64 SC66 jeans are designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.