CPO Shirt Type MFSC 189ac Liberty Issue - (Sold Out)
This item is sold out and will not be restocked.
Sturdy and dry 100% cotton canvas, 11.7 Oz., dark and deep shade of double indigo warp and weft, white with red line selvedge ID, milled in Japan.
Due to heavy starching in the milling stages, this fabric feels quite stiff at first and even more so after the initial recommended cold soak/hang dry process. This is normal and will gradually subside with normal wash/wear cycles.
* Original mfsc pattern originally released in 2008.
* Limited “mfsc Anniversary” 2016 edition.
* Freely inspired by period USN uniforms, 1930’s – 1940’s military shirting, naval custom tailoring and vintage “Chief Petty Officer” type shirts.
* Vintage-style ’Liberty cuffs’, featuring original MF® artwork, colorful mermaid and octopus embroidered on a black 100% rayon background.
* Rainbow-color chainstitch on the inside.
* Concealed chest ‘passport’ pocket.
* Original inverted box-pleat arcuate single chest pocket.
* Chin strap.
* Contrasting underarm blue chambray gussets.
* Selvedge side gussets.
* Vintage style button front placket, anodized black snap closure.
* Waist closure anchor button.
* Shoulder yoke, vintage uniform style.
* Curvy front and back shirt tails.
* Tonal 100% cotton stitching.
* Designed in USA, manufactured in Japan.
The indigo canvas Type MFSC 189ac CPO Shirt comes raw/unwashed/loomstate.
We recommend an original 30-40mn cold soak with occasional hand agitation, then spin dry cycle. While still damp, wear the shirt briefly to shape to your body (avoid white T-shirts), then hang dry.
The tagged size corresponds to sizing after this soaking process. I am a Medium in mfsc shirting and opted for a Medium in the CPO Shirt. No need to size up or down from your usual mfsc shirting size.
Refer to chart for soaked measurements.
We recommend hand washing this garment when laundering becomes necessary. The loss of indigo dye will then be minimized.
If using a machine, turn the shirt inside-out to avoid marbling, use cold water and minimal eco-friendly detergent, and set to ‘delicate’. Line dry.
Please note that color crocking is to be expected, as it is the nature of indigo to rub off.
Available RAW (unwashed)
This imagined “Chief Petty Officer” shirt emerged out of our first original mfsc scenario, “MFSC Naval Clothing Tailor”, a capsule collection featuring the custom-made wardrobe of a fictitious Merchant Navy sailor in the 1930’s.
The pattern for the MF® CPO Shirt is inspired by period USN uniforms, 1930’s – 1940’s military shirting, naval custom tailoring and vintage “Chief Petty Officer” type shirts.
Story aside, this shirt shows manufacturing prowess, and features intricate details and challenging construction.
The Liberty Issue “Type MFSC 189ac” CPO Shirt is designed in California by Mister freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar cane Co.