Mulholland Master AC - Indigo
* Shell: Tight weave 14 Oz. “Jungle Cloth”, 100% cotton grosgrain, period mil-specs, dark indigo blue color, milled and indigo-dyed in small batches in Japan
* Lining: NOS cotton woven plaid, blue dominant tartan.
* Four front snap flap rainproof pockets and one back snap flap pocket, for maps/tools/documents. Top right pocket secured by concealed “Conmatic” zipper.
* Pockets lined with NOS plaid fabric.
* Inside chest pocket.
* Belted, featuring a US-made brass police garrison buckle. For the rowdy, the belt can turn into a quaint flail
* Italian “Fiocchi” brass snaps, original manufacturer of Italian military snaps, along with their cousin counterpart Company DEWEY.
* 1950’s-type US mil-specs oxidized black metal TALON zipper front closure.
* Wind flap secured by snaps.
* Removable throat latch (make sure it is securely snapped in place or store in pocket before hitting the highway!).
* Stand collar with adjustable buckle strap, corduroy-lined.
* Diamond elbow patches, M-421A BU. Aero US Navy jacket-style.
* Adjustable gusset wrist snap closures.
* Tonal stitching, cotton-wrapped poly thread.
* Made in Japan.
Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I wear a comfortable 38 in this coat, with room for a thick shirt or wool sweater underneath. In general, go with your usual size in mfsc jackets. We have taken the measurements to the best of our abilities. Refer to our sizing chart and remember that measurements are from the outside of the fabric.
NOTE: Treat your zipper as you would a vintage one, rub wax to lubricate at times, and use common sense rather that brute force to zip and unzip, making sure tabs line-up when zipping.
The Mister Freedom® Mulholland Master‘s pattern borrows heavily from vintage UK apparel, but also from vintage US military gear such as 1940’s paratrooper outfits and BU. Aero US Navy flight jackets. It combines old school European moto style with US mil-specs fabric and hardware, keeping the 1960’s vibe while giving it a contemporary fit.
Our Mulholland Master is a versatile coat. Although not water-repellent, unless properly treated with some kind of water-proofing wax the jacket is quite suitable for diverse outdoor activities, spanning from sunny motorcycle rides to stylish city strolls.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.