Buckaroos Waist Overalls - Okinawa
* An original MFSC pattern, inspired by western slacks, vintage denim dungarees and old imagery.
* Pocket bags: Vintage NOS cotton twill, navy blue color, sturdy workwear fabric, origin France.
* ‘Old West’ silhouette.
* Original front pocket style with folding buttoned flap. Reinforcement un-marked copper riveting.
* Original MFSC upper curved cinch back strap, sandwiched in the back yoke, riveted.
* Wider rear belt loops (to slide the cinch on top or under the belt loop).
* Original MF® “Californian” shank metal buttons, ‘old stock’ silver finish.
* Concealed rivets on back pockets with original “M” stitch and slightly curved opening.
* Original double labeling. One printed cloth label with original artwork mounted during construction, partially superimposed by a leather patch with “MF” hot branding.
* All 100% cotton color thread. We are using an original MFSC combination of 12 types of gauge/color thread per pair. Main colors are Orange/Yellow/White, non colorfast.
* Sturdy 100% cotton vintage New Old Stock navy blue twill pocket bags.
* Made in USA.
The Mister Freedom® Buckaroos comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I usually wear W32 in our Californian blue jeans but decided to go for a W31 in the Buckaroos, just personal preference with this particular model. The Buckaroos are still considered true-to-size, and whether you size down or go for your usual size is up to your desired silhouette. The BUCKAROOS are designed with somewhat of a generous vintage silhouette in mind, and not intended to be worn tight.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
These dungarees are a departure from the average five-pocket jeans, and feature an intricate rear cinch strap pattern. This ‘buckle-back’ style is not lifted from any vintage sample, but came out of the drawing table of our Los Angeles atelier, and trial & error prototype making.
We matched our original back yoke/strap construction with a ‘western’ type front pockets pattern. The folded flap buttons up to the pocket yoke, a feature that could come in handy when horseback riding or sitting on a bouncy old truck bench seat, to prevent the content of pockets from spilling out.
As always, these blue jeans are no skinnies.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.