Campus Jacket - "Sunshine" Edition Lot. 36B
* An original pattern inspired by a Mrs. Cossack, and 1930’s sportswear type light leather jackets.
* Trim 1930’s silhouette.
* One piece back.
* Fully unlined, clean seams.
* Cotton corduroy collar and wrist cuff facing.
* Slash pockets with arrow stops.
* Side gussets with adjustable side straps (NOS metal slide buckles).
* Keyhole button holes.
* Corrozo ‘Cat Eyes’ wood buttons (aka ivory nut), backed by NOS French 1920’s glass buttons.
* Underarm venting eyelets.
* Mister Freedom® ‘The Sportsman’ woven label behind the slash pocket, right front panel.
* High stitch-count, sturdy poly-cotton thread stitching.
* Made in California, USA with American cowhides.
The Mister Freedom® Campus Jacket is available in pure new condition. The jacket’s journey will be yours and each nick a memory.
CL's Advice: I am usually a 38 in mfsc jackets and I am a 38 in the CAMPUS, with room for a lightweight shirt underneath. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
Because of its weight on the light side for a leather jacket, I wanted a slim and quite snug fit, reminiscent of the original 1930’s silhouettes. This leather jacket is easily wearable during California summer evenings, with a light shirt or T-shirt. Besides the easy blue jeans/Ts, I like the more elegant white shirt/tie look with it as well.
We recommend you leave you Campus as-is and just wear it. Treat with care when necessary. Use appropriate products for leather garments and please be aware that almost anything applied to light colored leather will alter its color.
Seek the help of a professional leather cleaner should staining occur that you cannot live with.
Note: Because of its original light natural color that will darken over time, it is prone to get soiled, water marked etc… This is part of the tough life of a leather jacket, your second skin.
The Campus is a Mister Freedom® interpretation of traditional 1930’s ‘Cossack’-type jackets.
This natural veg-tanned CAMPUS Jacket have received a special outdoor treatment over several months, bathing under our lovely California sunshine and conditioned with ample doses of patience and elbow grease!
Please note that we just wanted to kick-start the process of a natural patina, not ‘distress’ the jacket or mimic a vintage patina. The select few CAMPUS jackets “Sunshine” edition definitely remain a DIY project for the future owner, they have 100% life left in them, as they have not been weakened by industrial “vintage” distressing.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®.