Gabier Jacket - Hydrone Blue
* Fabric: 9 oz. selvedge 100% cotton twill. Milled and dyed to our specs in Japan.
* Sail-inspired horizontal spliced panel construction.
* Raglan sleeves.
* Unlined, no open seams, caballo-type chainstitch construction.
* Painted metal snaps.
* Arm pocket featuring an oh-so hi-tech concealed button-hole opening for your iPhone® headphone cable, which you will never use.
* Cinchable waist with pull cord.
* Metal mesh eyelets for underarm ventilation and pocket water drainage.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Gabier Jacket comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: As often with mfsc jackets, I am in-between two sizes with the Gabier and opted for a size 36.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
The MF® Gabier Jacket is by no mean an attempt at a sea-worthy garment by nautical pro-gear standards. It merely carries a bit of salty air nostalgia.
The original idea for this jacket came from bright-colored vintage sails, with colors spliced together for easy ID at sea, and probably to entertain seagulls.
Inspired by vintage French workwear, this cotton twill fabric was milled and dyed in Japan according to a vintage 1960’s specimen from our archives. The specific color is typical of ’bleus de travail’ (work blues) often sported by French workers and fishermen. It differs from traditional indigo and has characteristic attractive fading properties.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.