Nixon Shirt - Red Chambray
* A pattern inspired by a 1950’s “Roomy Richard” chambray, and other vintage work shirts.
* Fabric: Vintage workwear-style lightweight 100% cotton slubby chambray, white/red stripe selvedge ID, milled in Japan.
* Trim silhouette with a 1940’s uniform vibe.
* Fancy double-layer left chest pocket with flap, known as “cigarette pocket”, featuring a concealed selvedge ID construction.
* Slanted opening right-side pocket with pen slot, featuring a concealed selvedge ID construction.
* Corozo wood buttons.
* Chin strap collar, with vintage-style mfsc-embossed metal buttons on the collar band.
* Hi-count triple stitch construction.
* Green bar-tack accents on pockets.
* MF® Surplus green contrast chainstitch on the inside.
* Side gussets featuring selvedge ID.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Nixon Shirt comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I wear a Medium, my usual size in mfsc shirting. The fit is quite trim, with a tapered waist for a slim silhouette.
Machine wash inside out with cold water, gentle cycle, eco-friendly mild detergent and line dry.
The pattern of our ‘Nixon’ shirt is largely inspired by an original 1950’s vintage “Roomy Richard” chambray work shirt, a now-defunct American workwear label established in the late 1920’s.
The main appeal of that vintage piece was for us the tricky double-layer ‘cigarette’ chest pocket pattern, somewhat reminiscent of the famous Big Yank pocket, familiar to all vintage clothing aficionados. That pocket was designed to keep the worker’s cigarette pack dry.
Beside this fancy characteristic, our Nixon shirt features a chin-strap, triple stitch construction and side gussets, all classic attributes of old-school vintage work shirts.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.