Roughrider - NOS OG (Organic Cone)
* Fabric: New Old Stock Cone Mills (Greensboro, N.C., USA) 15.5 Oz. indigo twill denim, Organic cotton, solid white selvedge ID
* Lining: Soft-hand 100% cotton brushed flannel with a 1940’s-50’s-inspired vibrant plaid pattern, discharge-printed. Fabric milled in Japan.
* Modified collar pattern, early American work blouse style.
* ‘Vintage’ boxy but fit silhouette.
* Pleated front with original MF® arrowhead dart stitching.
* Original MF® “M” stitching on chest pockets.
* Selvedge front panel fold.
* Contrast printed flannel pocket flap facing.
* Contrast 10 Oz. “Okinawa 301” collar facing.
* Metal cast MF® branded buttons, ‘oxidized’ brass.
* Buckle back, adjustable, riveted.
* Copper rivet reinforced, unmarked.
* Combination yellow/orange 100% cotton stitching.
* To add a touch of perfectly-matching and eye-soothing Canadian elegance to your wardrobe please see the MF® Californian Blue Jeans Lot.64 OG.
* Made in USA.
The Mister Freedom® Roughrider comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I wear my Ranch Blouse size in the ROUGHRIDER, a comfortable 38 (cold-soaked/hung dry), as opposed to a slim 36 in the Cowboy Jacket pattern. Fit photo shows a cardboard-like Roughrider Blouse size 38, fresh-out of the cold soak/line dry process.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry ONLY.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
The Roughrider is indeed a modified version of our classic Ranch Blouse, and the harbinger of the Cowboy Jacket.
For this first iteration of the Roughrider however, the jacket gets a royal treat: the final precious yardage of New Old Stock Cone 15.5 Oz organic denim twill, a remarquable textile achievement courtesy of the now-defunct Cone Denim White Oak plant in Greensboro, N.C.
With its beautiful hue of indigo, rare denim, traditional yet original pattern, that Roughrider number is a darn good-looking jacket, versatile, ethically made, and guaranteed to beautify with wear.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.