Ranchero Shirt - Indigo Covert
* Fabric: “Indigo Covert” 100% cotton indigo dyed ‘salt and pepper’ yarn twill. Selvedge, 8.5 Oz. Milled in Japan.
* ‘Old West’ type fit with a relaxed silhouette.
* Full button front.
* Double button collar closure.
* Real horn buttons.
* Original MF® box pleat single chest pocket.
* Single piece ‘cut away’ collar.
* Cotton indigo poplin button hole placket facing, white cotton poplin button facing strip.
* Rounded front tail and square back tail.
* High stitch count chain stitch flat felled seam construction.
* Selvedge side gusset.
* Sheared wrist cuffs.
* Double front and back shoulder yoke expansion pleats.
* 100% cotton tonal stitching.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Ranchero Shirt comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: This is not a tight fitting shirt. Wear a medium if you are a medium in mfsc though.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
We mixed a bit of early work shirts, Native American ‘traditional’ tunics, Old West shirting, European fancy shirts, stirred it all up, and dipped it in the MF® salsa to create the Ranchero Shirt.
The ‘cut away’ collar pattern was inspired by late 1800’s European homemade farmer blouses & early Mexican and Mestizos tops.
For this version of the Ranchero we created a selvedge cotton indigo yarn covert twill with a warm and quite heavy hand. In appearance somewhat similar to a ‘salt and pepper’ work fabric. The inspiration behind this fabric was originally the lining of a pair of gentlemen’s trousers from the 1890’s.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.