Maverick - Malibu Denim
Fabric: Original mfsc “MALIBU SEA” denim twill, 13 Oz., medium indigo-dyed warp x ecru weft, solid white selvedge ID. Milled in Japan.
* An original mfsc pattern, inspired by vintage 1960s-70s Ranch coats and western denim jackets.
* ¾ length.
* Faux shearling fur body lining, 100% acrylic pile fabric, aka “sherpa”.
* Woven plaid cotton flannel fabric arm lining.
* Wide notch lapel, arcuate panels, pocket flaps and cuffs shearling accents.
* Hand warming slash pockets incorporated in vertical panel seam.
* Copper rivet pocket stops.
* “M” stitch on hip pockets with flaps.
* Original vintage-style MF® branded brass snaps closure.
* Contrast stitching (yellow/orange combo)
* Intricate adjustable cuff construction.
* Original mfsc “Truck Stop” woven label.
* Made in Japan.
* Truckstop Collection
All three versions of the MF® MAVERICK Jacket come RAW/unwashed. The garment is cut so that the measurements match the labeling after an initial cold soak/line dry.
We recommend this usual protocol before wear:
- Cold soak for about 30-40mn with occasional hand agitation.
- Washing machine spin dry.
- Line dry. (No heat dryer)
CL's Advice: I opted for a 38 Medium in each version, for a snug yet comfortable fit. I am 5.7’’ approx. 150 Lbs.
When comparing our chart measurements with those of a similar coat you own that fits you well, do consider the fluffy lining thickness.
Please refer to sizing chart for approximate raw/soaked measurements. Soaked = 30mn cold soak, spin dry and line dry.
This garment is bulky and weighs quite a bit when wet, so we do not recommend using a home washing machine for cleaning. This may cause unattractive marbling of the denim fabric, and may damage both the garment and the machine, even on delicate cycle.
When necessary, we recommend hand-washing, cold water, mild eco-friendly detergent. Hang dry. Using a heat dryer is also not recommended and may result in excessive and irreversible shrinkage.
Design-wise, our MAVERICK jacket is inspired by 1960s-70s fashion ranch coats with textile fur pile linings, and other sherpa-style outdoor togs.
The body pattern draws its inspiration from a 1970s Roebucks® western denim jacket from our archives. These vintage coats are not rare and hardly desirable for collectors, as they were always cut from cheap poly-cotton denim at the time. So we thought of combining the style with premium selvedge denim, spicing-up the original utilitarian design with a plethora of details á la MF® for good measure.
For the occasion, we reached out to our friends at Toyo Enterprise to develop an original MF® 1950s-style snap brass button, a respectful reference to vintage Levi’s jackets rough-out jackets branded snaps.
The large notch lapel flashing the pile lining gives the MAVERICK its 1970s ranch-wear vibe, and the arcuate top block allowed us to play with classic western yoke contrast.
The MAVERICK Jacket, Ice-Blu and Malibu denim edition, is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.