Breezer Jacket Type II - Chambray
* An original MF® design blending 1950’s swing tops, vintage British windproof jackets and 1940’s summer issue US Navy/USMC pilot jackets. This Type II is a modified version of our 2010 Breezer Jacket.
* White/red selvedge ID.
* Unlined body.
* “Dress Steward” tartan woven plaid accents cut from NOS selvedge fabric.
* Two front patch pockets, doubling-up as hand-warmer pockets.
* Stand collar, double snap closure.
* 1950’s-style “TALON” metal zipper, cotton tape.
* Narrow cinch tabs for waist and wrists.
* Made in Japan.
The MF® Breezer Type II comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL’s Advice: I opted for a size 38 in both models. I did use a heat dryer for a few minutes, for both fabrics, to maximize shrinkage and add puckering to the seams.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
Departing from purely replicating the past, our Breezer blends 50’s swing tops, 40’s US Navy/USMC summer flight jackets and 60’s British vibes, into a casual classic-looking jacket.
The fabric for the Breezer is a fine indigo selvedge chambray, a slubby tightly-woven and crispy blend of 85% cotton and 15% linen. This blue chambray fabric features a dark and more reddish indigo hue, a denser weave, and a selvedge white/red stripe ID.
The Breezer has a trim 60's silhouette and features details such as three exterior pockets, an interior chest pocket, intricate diamond-shaped elbow patch and expansion gussets.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.