Ranch Blouse - SC66 Denim
Fabric: 13 ¾ Oz. “SC66” right-hand-twill denim (aka Sugar Cane 1966), white/pink line selvedge ID, milled in Japan.
Undercollar/facing: Vintage NOS woven plaid fabric, turquoise/green/red dominant, 100% cotton.
* An original mfsc pattern, inspired by early denim ‘trucker’ type jackets and vintage workwear.
* MF® “Uncle Sam” type collar pattern.
* ‘Vintage’ boxy but trim silhouette.
* Pleated front with original MF® arrowhead dart stitching.
* Original MF® “M” stitching on chest pockets.
* Single pocket flap.
* Fabric selvedge featured on front panel fold.
* NOS woven plaid fabric facing for collar and pocket flap.
* Original “brass” cast MF® branded tack buttons.
* Buckle back, concealed selvedge strap, adjustable, riveted.
* Copper rivet reinforced, unmarked hardware, leather washer.
* Combination yellow/orange 100% cotton stitching.
* Original mfsc printed “Buckaroo” cloth label.
* Made in USA.
The “SC66” Ranch Blouse comes UN-WASHED and is cut so that the measurements match the labeling AFTER an initial cold soak/line dry.
We recommend the usual protocol before wearing:
- Cold soak for about 30-40mn, with occasional hand agitation.
- Spin dry and line dry.
- Wear briefly before fully-dry to set creases, then hang until fully dry.
CL's Advice: I wear my usual Ranch Blouse size in this “SC66” edition, a comfortable cold-soaked 38. I am 5’7 and approx. 150 Lbs.
Please refer to sizing chart for approximate raw/soaked measurements.
Soaked = 30mn cold soak, spin dry and line dry (ie. minimal shrinkage).
Wash when necessary. We recommend turning garment inside-out to avoid potential marbling of the denim fabric. Wash separately from light-colored garments.
Machine wash with cold water, gentle cycle, eco-friendly mild detergent and line dry.
As with all indigo-dyed denim, temporary croaking (color bleeding) is to be expected, as the indigo color could potentially rub on light color garments and furniture. Indigo rubs can easily be spot cleaned using a small amount of laundry detergent on a clean damp cloth.
The original Mister Freedom® Ranch Blouse is our homage to the denim jacket models that have been covering Americans’ backs for over 100 years.
The “SC66” (Sugar Cane 1966) 13 ¾ Oz. indigo denim twill is an old favorite of ours, making its initial mfsc appearance on our first ever LOT64 model, introduced sometime in 2013. My worn and later cropped-up pair is displayed, as a reference to the fading potential of that specific denim fabric.
The Ranch Blouse has a 1930’s ~ 1940’s flare with the traditional bell and whistle ie. the pleated front and the buckle back. We went for a "vintage" boxy fit while keeping the silhouette trim.
The “SC66” Ranch Blouse is designed in California by Mister Freedom®, and manufactured in USA in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co., from denim fabric milled in Japan.