Breezer Jacket Type II - Red
* An original MF® design blending 1950’s swing tops, vintage British windproof jackets and 1940’s summer issue US Navy/USMC pilot jackets. This Type II is a modified version of our 2010 Breezer Jacket.
* Unlined body.
* “Dress Steward” tartan woven plaid accents cut from NOS selvedge fabric.
* Two front patch pockets, doubling-up as hand-warmer pockets.
* Stand collar, double snap closure.
* 1950’s-style “TALON” metal zipper, cotton tape.
* Narrow cinch tabs for waist and wrists.
* Fits true to size.
* Available raw (un-washed).
* Wash on delicate in cold water and hang dry.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Breezer Type II comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL’s Advice: I opted for a size 38 in both models. I did use a heat dryer for a few minutes, for both fabrics, to maximize shrinkage and add puckering to the seams.
Wash separately on delicate, cold water, mild eco-friendly detergent. Line dry.
Departing from purely replicating the past, our Breezer blends 50’s swing tops, 40’s US Navy/USMC summer flight jackets and 60’s British vibes, into a casual classic-looking jacket.
The fabric for the Breezer, with a subtle nod to vintage Hollywood, is a double-face woven textile with a cotton face and a rayon reverse aka cotton-back sateen, inspired by vintage 1950’s ‘weatherproof’ McGregor® Scottish Drizzlers.
The Breezer has a trim 60's silhouette and features details such as three exterior pockets, an interior chest pocket, intricate diamond-shaped elbow patch and expansion gussets.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.