Frontier Chinos - NOS Denim
* Type A: Dark indigo sanforized denim. White selvedge with black stripe. 3 by 1 twill, about 12 Oz. (more of a regular ‘five pocket’ type denim feel)
* Type B: Dark indigo sanforized denim. White selvedge with blue stripe. 2 by 1 twill, about 10 Oz. (more of a lighter USN denim dungarees feel)
* Slender silhouette, mid rise.
* Metal ‘Deco’ riveted waist/fly buttons, gun metal color.
* Cinch back strap, with vintage French NOS metal slider buckle.
* Wide and slim belt loops combination.
* Open length, tailor style (I opted for a traditional 1 ½’’ trousers style cuff on my own pair.)
* Flat felled seam sit and inseam construction, selvedge leg side seam.
* Front slash pockets (with concealed selvedge opening fold), coin pocket, back welt pockets.
* Traditional 100% cotton unbleached ‘Sail Cloth’ pocket bags and lining.
* Black 100% cotton thread construction.
* Original MFSC® woven rayon label, concealed under the belt.
* Made in USA.
The Mister Freedom® Frontier Chinos comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: They are true to size, meaning a tagged Waist 32 measures about 32’’ before and after rinse. If you are a 32’’ waist, you need a tagged 32.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
These trousers are a combination of several vintage work pants styles. The construction and pattern is inspired by 1930’s ~ 40’s light weight twill work chino uniforms.
We used two types of USA made New Old Stock (NOS) denim for the production of these trousers. The silhouette could be reminiscent of a late 50’s ‘Ivy League’ classic slacks type, with its slimmer legs, fitted seat and mid rise. You can always size up for a ‘roomier’ look, and use the cinch back strap.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.