Blouson El Americano - Indigo Corduroy - (Sold Out)
This item is sold out and will not be restocked.
An original mfsc pattern, inspired by 1920′s-30′s short-type vintage jackets.
Indigo Corduroy: Mid wale 100% cotton corduroy. 14.5 Oz. Indigo vat dyed. Milled and dyed in Japan.
* A-1 type collar pattern (Brown Duck version has a corduroy collar. Grey Covert has self fabric collar)
* Corozo wood buttons, aka ivory nut. Tonal color
* Adjustable side cinch straps
* Original flared wrist cuffs, ‘chinaco’ style.
* Low chest pockets, inverted box-pleats.
* Collar/cuff/pocket flap facing lined with cotton indigo covert fabric.
* Fully lined: soft hand woven striped “Troy” blanked body lining (60% reused wool, 28% cotton, 12% Rayon) and stripe cotton ticking arms lining.
* Under arm gussets with venting eyelets.
* Made in Japan
I am usually a 38/medium and wear a 38 “Blouson El Americano”.
True to size but refer to chart for rinsed/hang dry measurements.
Do not use hot water or machine dryer as this might result in excessive shrinkage and color loss.
All fabrics will shrink to approximately the same tagged size after an original cold soak and hang dry.
The reason for the original cold soak/dry is purely aesthetic. I like the natural torque/twisting of the fabric that gets rid of that fresh-off-the-shelf look.
For the Indigo corduroy “Blouson El Americano”, some crocking is to be expected when pairing with light colored garments. Indigo ‘stains’ from rubbing wash off eventually.
As always the ‘Blouson El Americano’ is not an exact replica of an existing jacket, but rather a new garment a la MF®. The pattern combines details of several short-type vintage jackets, 1920’s-30’s suede leather jackets and casual western coats.
Our blouson features details like low positioned chest pockets typical of 1920’s-30’s, flared shaped cuffs inspired by a 1800's suede ‘bolero’ jacket and the rounded collar of A-1 type coats.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.