Mulholland Master - Black - (Sold Out)
This item is sold out and will not be restocked.
* Fabric: Originally developed for the US Navy and officially called “Jungle Cloth”. A sturdy 100% cotton ‘gros grain’ type cloth, tightly woven for wind proofing and with water repellent qualities. It can be individually waxed with adequate wax dressing, to add to the water proofing quality. Originally natural white, the fabric is piece dyed in a rich BLACK. Guaranteed to beautify with wear. Preshrunk with gentle rinse
* Lining: The body lining is 100% cotton wide wale corduroy, midnight blue color, for warmth. The inner arms lining is a “new/old stock” 100%cotton fabric, white and indigo plaid checkered, found in limited quantities in a warehouse in Los Angeles* Hardware: Sturdy FIOCCHI metal snaps (the original manufacturer of Italian military snaps, along with their cousin counterpart Company DEWEY), painted black
* The front zipper is a 1930’s style “Hookless” type, with HBT cotton taping
* The wind flap is secured by Fiocchi brass snaps, painted black
* The metal buckles used for the throat strap and belt (police type garrison buckle) are “new/old stock” US hardware
* Underarms venting metal eyelets
* Body: ¾ length, comfortable fit
* For maps/tools/documents: four front snap flap rainproof pockets and one back snap flap pocket. Top right pocket closed by hidden “Conmatic” zipper. All pockets lined with plaid checkered white/indigo fabric
* One inside chest pocket
* Diamond elbow patches, US Air Force style
* Adjustable gusset wrist snap closures
* Black leather windproof inside zipper-cover flap
* Removable throat cover snap-on flap
* The belt can be attached in the back, when not in use
Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I wear a comfortable 38 in this coat, with room for a thick shirt or wool sweater underneath. In general, go with your usual size in mfsc jackets. We have taken the measurements to the best of our abilities. Refer to our sizing chart and remember that measurements are from the outside of the fabric.
NOTE: Treat your zipper as you would a vintage one, rub wax to lubricate at times, and use common sense rather that brute force to zip and unzip, making sure tabs line-up when zipping.
The Mister Freedom® Mulholland Master‘s pattern borrows heavily from vintage UK apparel, but also from vintage US military gear such as 1940’s paratrooper outfits and BU. Aero US Navy flight jackets. It combines old school European moto style with US mil-specs fabric and hardware, keeping the 1960’s vibe while giving it a contemporary fit.
Our Mulholland Master is a versatile coat. Although not water-repellent, unless properly treated with some kind of water-proofing wax the jacket is quite suitable for diverse outdoor activities, spanning from sunny motorcycle rides to stylish city strolls.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.