Speedways - NOS Black Coated Denim
* Fabric: New Old Stock crosshatch pigment-coated denim, soft-hand matte black finish on indigo warp, 100% cotton, 12 Oz. Probable Kurabo (Japan) origin.
* Tab waist band à la McQueen, concealed closure snaps.
* No belt loops.
* Side snap cinch tabs (adjusting waist by about 1½” when both tabs are fully cinched)
* New Old Stock pocket bags: sturdy 100% cotton charcoal grey covert chambray.
* Zipper fly, brass “Gripper Zipper”.
* Discreet “M” stitched rear pockets.
* Flat-felled seam ‘caballo’ construction, with Sportsman green color chainstitch accent.
* Tonal stitching, 100% cotton thread.
* Made in USA.
The Mister Freedom® Speedways comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I am usually between a w30 and W32 in mfsc bottoms, and I’m in luck since the Speedways come in W31. I did not yet fully wash/heat dry my pair, and wear the W31 with one side of the snap tabs cinched.
The bottom hem is done by single needle machine, not chainstitch.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina over time, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
The Speedways, an MF® tribute to late 50’s early 60’s popular ‘stovepipe’ type jeans. Originally a popular style among young adults and the usual suspects in Hollywood, the slim cut "wheat jeans" made their way around campuses and off screen breaks during the 60's.
If this garment initially looks flat black due to the pigment coating, each pair will develop its own patina over time, blending shades of indigo, black and white, according to activities, frequency of wear and wash cycles. Undertones of indigo will rapidly appear with normal wear abrasion.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.