Aristocrat Shirt - Blue Cotton Oxford
Inspired by vintage American and European classic dress shirts and sport shirts.
Fancy 100% cotton plain oxford cloth, solid white with red line selvedge ID. Milled in Japan.
Two options, white and blue oxford.
* Classic, versatile, elegant yet casual shirt style.
* Slim and trim silhouette.
* Classic spread collar with British flair.
* Original chest pocket design, diamond shape with MF® signature curved fold and streamline pocket stop stitching.
* Rear panel shirring with rounded piecing patch.
* Side gussets featuring the oxford cloth selvedge ID.
* Off-set shirt tail lengths (slightly longer rear tail).
* Red bartacks accent on gusset.
* Genuine mother of pearl buttons.
* Double-button rounded cuffs.
* Elegant front button placket pattern.
* High-stitch count and fine thread gauge construction.
* Chainstitch construction with signature inside contrast green stitching.
* Mister Freedom® mfsc “Sportsman” rayon woven label.
* Made in USA.
The ARISTOCRAT Shirt in oxford cloth comes unwashed and is cut so that the measurements match the labeling AFTER an initial cold soak/line dry. This is a low-maintenance garment as it is designed to go through many wash/wear cycles, and we recommend this protocol before wear:
- Machine rinse, delicate settings, cold water, spin dry.
- Line dry. (No heat dryer)
CL's Advice: I opted for a Medium for a trim, yet not too tight fit, my usual size in mfsc shirting. I am 5’7 ~145 lbs. We recommend getting your usual size in MF® shirts.
Please refer to sizing chart for approximate raw/soaked measurements, understanding that the soaked measurements are the relevant ones, since this shirt is intended to be worn/washed routinely.
Machine wash on DELICATE, cold water, mild eco-friendly detergent. Hang dry.
Do not use the washer’s heavy-duty cycle. Heat dryer is also not recommended and may result in excessive and irreversible shrinkage.
The Mister Freedom® “ARISTOCRAT” is inspired by several vintage American and European classic dress and sport shirts from our archives.
Our aim was to merge traditional tailoring details with our own ideas, and simply create an elegant, unpretentious and versatile garment, a modern classic filled with vintage references.
The ARISTOCRAT is complimented by genuine mother of pearl buttons, another reference to traditional European bespoke tailoring, while the chainstitch construction (using MF® signature green contrast stitching) brings it down a few notches with a workwear approach.
For the silhouette, we opted for a trim fit, adjusting body pattern and side curves to convey broad shoulders and slim waist, balancing with a traditional shirt tail length.
For this initial release of the ARISTOCRAT, we went for a fancy oxford cloth, the office dress shirt fabric of choice! Ours is milled in Japan, and features an attractive solid white with red line selvedge ID. This crisp and dry hand fabric is on the heavier weight side of the oxford cloth family. With normal wash & wear routine, the shirt will naturally soften over time to the desirable buttery feel of well-worn traditional button downs.
The ARISTOCRAT is a reimagined vintage-style dress shirt that morphed into a versatile, casual, easy go-to garment, dressed-up with a suit or down with a pair of blue jeans, worn with a tie or open collar, tucked or untucked.
The MF® ARISTOCRAT Shirt is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in the USA in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.