Secoya Shirt - Winter King
Fabric: Vintage-inspired 100% cotton classic woven plaid, 8.25 Oz., red dominant with genuine indigo yarns, solid white selvedge ID, milled in Japan.
* An original mfsc pattern, inspired by vintage 1930’s-1940’s classic American fancy chambray work shirts.
* Pull-over style.
* “Double-Back / Double-Shoulder Yoke / Double-Underarm” pattern.
* Stitched ventilation Eyelets on underarm and back panels, green thread.
* Selvedge side gussets.
* Chin strap.
* Indigo poplin facing on front button placket/cuffs/chest pockets.
* White corozo wood “cat-eyes” buttons.
* Double chest pocketing, buttoned pockets.
* Concealed inside chest pocket
* High-count 100% cotton tonal stitching, chainstitch construction.
* Original MF® mfsc “Surplus” woven rayon label.
The SECOYA “Winter King” heavy flannel Work Shirt comes raw/unwashed. It is cut so that the measurements match the labeling after an initial cold rinse/line dry.
We recommend this usual protocol before wear:
- Cold soak for about 30-40mn with occasional hand agitation or one machine rinse cycle on delicate.
- Washing machine spin dry.
- Line dry. (No heat dryer)
CL's Advice: We recommend wearing your usual mfsc shirting size, although I personally opted for a SMALL on the SECOYA heavy flannel. I am 5.7’’ approx. 150 Lbs.
Please refer to sizing chart for approximate raw/cold rinsed measurements
Machine wash on delicate, cold water, mild eco-friendly detergent. Hang dry.
Do not use the washer’s heavy-duty cycle. Heat dryer is also not recommended and may result in excessive and irreversible shrinkage.
The SECOYA Shirt combines two classic vintage work shirt patterns lifted-off two specimen of the MF® archives.
Design-wise, we simply merged one rare and plain 1930’s pull-over chin-strapped no-name work chambray, with the tricked-out “Double-Panel” pattern of a vintage 1940’s Sturdy Oak work chambray.
For this plaid version of the SECOYA, we pulled an old vintage “Winter King” heavy flannel shirt from our archives for inspiration, as it featured a beautiful classic woven plaid of red dominant and genuine indigo yarns. Our friends at Toyo Enterprises milled a phenomenal selvedged interpretation in Japan, in a hefty 8.25 Oz. weight.
The resulting plaid is indeed quite smashing, with the unusual use of indigo yarn adding a new dimension to a classic heavy flannel type fabric. Our colorful SECOYA is complemented by indigo poplin accents on the button placket and cuffs facing, that will all contribute to the shirt aging gracefully with normal wash and wear. The green ventilation stitched eyelets and white corozo wood cat-eyes buttons add a 1940s-1950s workwear touch.
The “SECOYA” Double-Panel Ventilated Work Shirt, “Winter King” heavy flannel edition is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.