* Shell fabric: Mil-specs 9 Oz. cloth, cotton-back sateen, Olive Green #107 shade, milled in Japan.
* Lining: 100% cotton brushed flannel, discharge-printed with a vintage-inspired plaid pattern. Milled and printed in Japan.
* Brown corozo wood buttons.
* Four outside pockets, two ‘hand warmer’ slash pockets and two flap closure pockets. All lined with golden brown cotton-wool blend corduroy.
* Inside chest pocket and traditional ‘cigarette’ pocket (converted into an iPhone6-size pocket).
* Leather piping and arrowhead reinforcement on pocket edges.
* Removable chin strap (displaying OD shell or red lining fabric when left dangling, or concealed when buttoned under the collar.).
* Traditional Zig-Zag pattern under-collar reinforcement stitching.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® MAC Jacket comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL’s Advice: I tend to wear a 38 (Medium) in mfsc jackets, and opted for a slim-fitting 38 in the Mac jacket. The fit is quite snug so if you are in-between sizes, go for the size up.
Please note that the lining will shrink slightly more than the shell, and will tend to ‘pull’ after the garment is rinsed/dried. This is intentional, and a typical (and quite desirable effect) of vintage clothing.
We recommend professional dry-cleaning, in your local eco-friendly facility. However, this garment can be hand-washed or laundered on DELICATE, cold water, minimal detergent. Due to the bulkiness and weight of the garment when wet, make sure the capacity of your equipment is adequate before attempting a machine wash at home. Hang dry.
For the MAC Jacket we simply stripped the US Navy Peacoat early pattern from most of its maritime lineage, save for the two small anchor buttons concealed under the collar to keep the throat latch in place. We basically turned the iconic nautical garment into a lightweight, casual and classic-looking jacket with an outdoor vibe.
Those familiar with the MF® catalog will notice that we have already given many skins to the P-jacket through the years. We wanted a totally new garment this time, blending the vibes of seafaring jackets, Mackinaw coat, US Army M1938 jeep crew coats, vintage casual and old-school utilitarian garments.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.