Pattern: An original MFSC pattern, inspired by early 1910’s -1920’s USN and US Coast Guard Melton wool Peacoats
Fabric: Body: Coarse weave 16 oz indigo “black back denim” twill (indigo warp x black weft), aka “Midnight Twill”. 100% cotton. White ID selvedge. Woven in Japan, exclusive MFSC. Indigo bleeding to be expected and anticipated. The white core of the indigo yarn will surface with proper wear and will give amazing patina to the coat over time. All kinds of blues!
Lining: Inner full lining, 10 oz. plain weave indigo/natural white woven cloth, all cotton, woven in Japan.
* 10 button front, USN style early “13 Star” buttons. Full front closure with collar up and throat latch for windy deck conditions.
* Two outside slash “hand warmer” pockets and two flap pockets (all lined with 100% cotton wide wale corduroy). Inside chest pocket and “cigarette” pocket. The flaps are made from lighter 10 oz. “black back denim” with royal blue selvedge ID.
* All cotton thread stitching, ‘oxydized faded’ black colour.
* Owner’s own identification wide white sheeting neck label, ready for perso ID stenciling (a detail from early French military gear).
* Back selvedge vent.
* Concealed detachable throat latch under collar.
* ZigZag stand collar reinforcement stitching.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Midnight P-Jacket comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
Hand wash in cold water with minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina over time, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.