CDO Jacket - (Sold Out)
This item is sold out and will not be restocked.
* Lining: Buzz Rickson’s 100% cotton twill, printed with TSP (Tadpole Sparse Pattern) gold tiger stripe camouflage. Made in Japan.
* Revisited general pattern of the classic US Army M1941 HBT Utility jacket.
* Contrasting fabric texture combination, melton wool and indigo cotton twill.
* Battledress-type waist length.
* Side cinch straps, mil-specs metal sliders.
* Concealed inner chest pocket.
* Indigo cotton twill top collar for neck comfort.
* Indigo twill selvedge visible on inside pocket fold.
* ‘Bat sleeve’ pattern with indigo twill gusset for arm hole comfort.
* Expanding box pleat chest pockets, indigo cotton twill.
* Indigo-dyed corozo wood buttons.
* Adjustable wrist cuffs.
* ‘Oxidized’ black 100% cotton thread stitching.
* MFSC ‘tailleur‘ woven label on the inside waistband.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® CDO Jacket comes ready-to-wear. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: Unlike its denim Utility Jacket predecessor I had opted to size down with, I wear a medium (38) in the CDO jacket.
Professional dry clean.
CL's Advice: For the adventurous few who like a bit of ‘torquing and roping’ in their fabrics, the jacket can be initially soaked in cold water for 20-30 mn, briefly hand agitated, and spun dry. Shape it a bit to your body by wearing it briefly before hanging and letting fully dry overnight. This process is not intended to shrink the jacket, but instead to ‘tone down’ the off-the-shelf look inherent to raw garments in general. The necessity of this step is left to everyone judgement and is merely a subjective suggestion.
Our CDO Jacket mixes influences from different armies and periods, creating a wearable garment suitable for today.
With the pattern of our Utility Jacket, Denim and inspiration from several vintage goodies, we opted for a shell fabric reminiscent of 1960’s-70’s Melton wool CPO navy shirts with the woven pattern clearly visible from both sides. We combined the navy blue woven wool fabric with the 16 Oz. indigo warp x black weft twill for contrasting textures but blending colors.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.