Watchman Jacket - Yellow
* Fabric: “RAFT Yellow” canvas, aka ‘Banana Camo’: New Old Stock 100% cotton canvas, mid-weight, solid selvedge. Two different shades of yellow are used. The body is more mustard yellow, while pockets offer a subtle contrast with a brighter yellow. We found a limited amount of this NOS canvas.
* Shorter type length, reminiscent of vintage fishing jackets.
* Removable ring buttons, NOS composite anchor for the denim issue, corozo wood for the yellow canvas.
* Two lower ‘double’ pockets and two slanted inverted box-pleat pockets (arm and chest)
* Removable throat latch.
* Velcro® pocket closure and wrist cuffs.
* Split back panels and front panels facing display fabric selvedge.
* Contrast wrist gussets and collar facing fabric.
* 100% cotton stitching, Olive Green color.
* Unlined, with no open or overlocked visible seams.
* Bottom adjusting cotton string.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Watchman Jacket comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I am usually a medium (38) in mfsc jackets, and am wearing a 38 in the Watchman. The fit is quite generous, although intently on the shorter side, somewhere between the Skipper and the Ranch Blouse. The resulting silhouette will obviously vary according to one’s built and body proportions.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
This original Mister Freedom® jacket design combine several references and details from vintage clothing into a practical garment suitable for the weekend seafarer.
The two lower chest pockets are inspired by a 1930’s US Army pullover denim shirt. We have added an extra layer with a slanted opening, upgrading the original somewhat impractical ‘map’ pockets to ‘shove-it-all-in’ status.
This ‘Banana Camo’ version features buttons made from, you guessed it, tropical palm trees, corozo wood aka ivory nut. The slanted pockets and wrist cuffs features hi-tech Velcro® closures.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.