Continental Sportcoat - Congo
15% OFF WITH CODE: Continental15
Save 15% when purchasing two or more items from our Continental Suiting collection.
An original mfsc pattern, inspired by cotton work coats and other unstructured blazers, notably a 1950’s French postal uniform jacket.
New Old Stock ivory-colored twill, 8.85 Oz., blend of 86% cotton and 14% linen, off-white heather warp with slubby oatmeal flecks x white weft, milled origin unknown.
Lining: NOS 100% cotton woven stripe sateen twill, white and green, probable European origin.
* Unstructured silhouette.
* Lightweight and soft, perfect traveling companion.
* High four-button front closure.
* Amber brown corozo wood butons.
* Half shoulder floating lining, 100% cotton NOS fancy woven stripe twill.
* Three patch pockets, with flaps on hip pockets.
* Concealed ‘passport’ chest pocket.
* Pocket openings reinforced on the inside with lining facing.
* Tonal 100% cotton stitching, clean caballo flat-felled seam construction, chainstitch on the inside, no open edges or overlock.
* Made in USA.
The Mister Freedom® Continental Sportcoat comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I personally opted for a Size 38 in the Continental sportcoat “Congo”, consistant with all of its other iterations in various fabrics.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry.
This classic and versatile unstructured blazer is a part of our “Continental” series, an unpretentious all-made-in-USA casual suiting concept. The pattern is deprived from a French 1950’s cotton khaki twill work coat, pulled out of an old trunk belonging to a French postal worker.
We adapted the vintage design to make it a bit more glamorous, but not going full Thomas Crown either. We aimed for ‘sporty playboy’ over 9-to-5 clerk. Yet, we wanted a casual sportswear feel.
The fit is quite relaxed, with darts to cinch the waist and a kind of drop-shoulder pattern for top volume.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.