CPO Shirt - San Pablo
* Fabric: “GB denim twill”: An olive green warp and natural weft 100% cotton twill, 10 Oz., orange color selvedge ID. Inspired by the fabric of 1940’s-50’s British military utility overalls and blouses. Milled in Japan.
* Concealed mfsc vintage-style ’Liberty cuffs’, 100% rayon.
* Concealed rainbow-colored chainstitch on the inside.
* Concealed chest passport/iPhone® pocket.
* Original MF® inverted box-pleat arcuate single chest pocket design.
* Chin strap.
* Selvedge side gussets.
* Vintage style button front placket, anodized black snap closure.
* Waist closure and chin strap USN plastic anchor button.
* Reinforcement shoulder yoke, vintage uniform style.
* Arcuate back yoke.
* OD popeline facing.
* Curvy front and back shirt tails.
* Tonal 100% cotton stitching.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® “San Pablo” CPO Shirt in GB denim comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I am a Medium in most mfsc shirting and opted for a Medium in the “SAN PABLO” CPO shirt. No need to size up or down from your usual mfsc shirting size. The military-inspired and uniform-style cut emphasizes a broad shoulders and slim waist silhouette.
Machine wash inside out with cold water, gentle cycle, eco-friendly mild detergent and line dry.
This imagined “Chief Petty Officer” shirt emerged out of our first original mfsc scenario, “MFSC Naval Clothing Tailor”, a capsule collection featuring the custom-made wardrobe of a fictitious Merchant Navy sailor in the 1930’s.
The pattern for the MF® CPO Shirt is inspired by period USN uniforms, 1930’s – 1940’s military shirting, naval custom tailoring and vintage “Chief Petty Officer” type shirts.
Story aside, this shirt shows manufacturing prowess, and features intricate details and challenging construction.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.