Hacendado Waistcoat - Indigo Stripe
* Fabric: 6.5 oz. 100% cotton indigo dyed denim 2×1 twill, solid white selvedge.
* High buttoned, small fold lapel, slim snug silhouette.
* Intricate early waistcoat panel construction. Tailor made style.
* Adjustable back cinch strap with French New Old Stock (NOS) metal slide buckle.
* Eight button front, brown corrozo wood, aka ‘coconut wood’.
* Two front lower welt pockets.
* 100% cotton thread tonal stitching.
* MFSC woven rayon label concealed under the back strap.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Hacendado Waistcoat comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I am usually a 38/medium and wear a 38 Waistcoat.
Professional dry clean, hand wash or machine wash in cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
The Hacendado suiting concept blends early European tailoring with a touch of American gentlemen's attire. The pattern for our waistcoat is inspired by a vintage French silk velvet vest from the 1800’s. In usual MF® fashion we combined several elements of early vest patterns, outer and inner panels and piecing to create the Hacendado.
The Baja Denim is inspired by a specific indigo shade typical of Mexican artisan dyers of the 1910's-20's, selected from several vintage textiles of the area.
The Hacendado Suit allows you to mix and match the three fabrics as you please or pair it with less "dressy" clothes, as often seen of period photography.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.