Blouson El Americano
* Fabric: 3 Oz. selvedge 100% cotton canvas. The inside part of the yarn being lighter in color than the outside, this fabric will age nicely with repeat wear. Milled in Japan.
* A-1 type collar pattern, corduroy.
* Corozo wood buttons, aka ivory nut. Tonal color.
* Adjustable side cinch straps.
* Original flared wrist cuffs, ‘chinaco’ style.
* Low chest pockets, inverted box-pleats.
* Collar/cuff/pocket flap facing lined with cotton indigo covert fabric.
* Fully lined: soft hand woven striped “Troy” blanked body lining (60% reused wool, 28% cotton, 12% Rayon) and stripe cotton ticking arms lining.
* Under arm gussets with venting eyelets.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Blouson El Americano comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I am usually a 38/medium and wear a 38 “Blouson El Americano”.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina over time, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
As always the ‘Blouson El Americano’ is not an exact replica of an existing jacket, but rather a new garment a la MF®. The pattern combines details of several short-type vintage jackets, 1920’s-30’s suede leather jackets and casual western coats.
This brown duck canvas is milled and dyed exclusively for us in Japan, originally inspired by a 1930′s hunting jacket from the MF® Archive, creating a fabric that will develop a beautiful patina over time.
Our blouson features details like low positioned chest pockets typical of 1920’s-30’s, flared shaped cuffs inspired by a 1800's suede ‘bolero’ jacket and the rounded collar of A-1 type coats.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.