* Shell: Heavy 100% cotton twill, 16 Oz. indigo warp x black weft, white selvedge ID, milled in Japan.
* Lining: 100% cotton HBT ‘lizard’ camouflage fabric, milled and printed in Japan.
* 10 button front closure.
* Early USN type ’13 stars’ anchor buttons.
* Four pocket type, two ‘hand warmer’ slash pockets and two flap closure pockets. All lined with golden brown corduroy.
* Leather arrowhead reinforcement on pocket edges.
* Fabric selvedge conspicuously displayed inside pockets and on back vent.
* Removable chin strap.
* HBT ‘lizard’ camouflage fabric lining.
* Zig-Zag stand collar reinforcement stitching.
* Triple labeling on the inside, a nod to past MF® collections.
* Inside chest pocket and ‘cigarette’ pocket.
* 100% cotton stitching, faded ‘oxidized black’ color.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Caban Peacoat comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Do not machine wash. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: The fit of the caban is true-to-size after the initial soak/dry process. If you are usually a Medium (38) in mfsc, you are a Medium (38) in the indigo caban peacoat.
Dry clean or hand wash in cold water and minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
Note: Do not machine wash. This garment is too heavy and voluminous for a regular home washer.
The familiar silhouette of the Caban Peacoat is another homage to the early pattern of the classic USN P-Jacket, a.k.a. peacoat. The MF® caban borrows its general pattern from the American WWI ten-button USN classic peacoat.
The shell fabric we chose is the heaviest twill we have had milled. This 16 Oz. indigo wrap x black weft twill will soften and develop a desirable patina overtime.
We didn’t reinvent the ship’s wheel on this one, and lifted all the bells and whistles off of a vintage specimen from our archives, creating a contemporary garment with the classic MF® approach.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.