Cabana Shirt Lot. 76
Fabric: NOS (New Old Stock) vintage novelty print selvedge fabric, cotton.
* Relaxed 1950’s style, vintage un-tucked fashion.
* Loop collar (loops made from NOS vintage color-matching silk rayon cord). Loop button is an antique 1920’s NOS bone button.
* Vintage style open collar, no top stitching.
* Single chest pocket.
* Vintage NOS silk or rayon fabric back yoke lining, assorted matching colors.
* Genuine coconut shell buttons.
* Fabric selvedge visible on the front panel fold.
* Tonal 100% cotton thread, chainstitch construction.
* Limited edition.
* Made in USA.
The Mister Freedom® Cabana Shirt is true to size, with a relaxed fit. We recommend wearing a Medium if you are usually a Medium in mfsc shirting, or in our Rock'n Roll Shirts
To avoid shrinkage issues, each shirt was washed, on delicate with cold water, dried in a heat dryer, low heat setting, and THEN sized individually. A shirt cut from a Medium pattern might have shrunk to a Small, or stayed a Medium if the vintage fabric was sanforized.
We determined the sizing according to pit measurements only, laying the washed/dried garment flat and buttoned-up, without pulling. Shoulders and body length are pretty consistent, more-or-less matching across all the fabrics, with balanced proportions for that vintage style of un-tuck shirt.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
For the Cabana Shirt, we decided to use limited yardage of vintage selvedge shirting fabrics collected over the years, and have them cut and sewn into an original Mister Freedom® pattern, a 1950’s-type short sleeve classic shirt.
All painstakingly marked, cut by hand and sewn individually, our MF® Cabana Shirts are one-of-a-kind. Some of the fabrics yielded two or three shirts, but never enough for a full size scale. So each print is only available in very limited sizing options.
The Cabana Shirt is designed by Mister Freedom® in California, and made in USA from up-cycled vintage fabrics.