Californian Lot 54: BB
PATTERN: The Californian Lot.54 features a roomy leg, generous waist and a high rise, for those into a fuller 40’s-50’s period silhouette.
Visit the Californian Family-page for more info on our blue jeans offerings.
FABRIC: New Old Stock Cone Mills (Greensboro, N.C., USA) 13 Oz. indigo twill denim, white/red line selvedge ID, with a traditional indigo blue hue warp.
Pocket Bags: NOS 100% cotton canvas, rusty red color.
- Classic vintage five-pocket pattern.
- Button fly.
- Traditional selvedge leg outseam.
- Buckle-back cinch strap, with concealed denim selvedge.
- New Old Stock cotton canvas pocket bags, rusty red color.
- MF® original white “M” stitch design on rear pockets.
- Hand-debossed natural veg-tan cowhide leather MF® patch on rear pocket.
- “Buckaroos” printed cloth label stitched under cinch and rear belt loop.
- Inside “name tag” cloth label.
- Twelve types of 100% cotton threads (gauge and color combination) used for construction. Main colors are yellow and orange, with white accents.
- Selvedge button hole fly placket.
- Hidden back pocket reinforcement rivets, with top pocket reinforcement zig-zag stitching.
- Unlined rear pockets.
- Original silver-color ‘oxidized’ MF® metal cast waist/fly shank buttons.
- Unmarked copper riveting for pocket opening reinforcement.
- Original MF® yellow paper pocket flasher.
- Made in USA
The Mister Freedom® Californian LOT.54BB comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: The LOT.54BB pattern features a high rise and a full leg, with somewhat of a vintage 40’s-50’s period silhouette. I’m breaking-in a fully cinched LOT.54BB early sample W32, will probably size down to W31 with production.
Machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina over time, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
Sometime in 2010, we released our first-born “Californian” into the wild. This was the MF® Californian LOT.54 blue jeans, all made in USA. We dusted-off that old LOT.54 pattern and paired it with another NOS Cone Mills goodie, a handsome 13Oz. denim twill with an old-school indigo blue hue warp, and a white/red line selvedge ID.
The fit of the Californian LOT.54BB is similar to the original LOT.54, with a roomy leg, generous waist and high rise, for those into a fuller 40’s-50’s period silhouette. If after a slimmer leg, but still with a vintage vibe, please see our more tapered Californians LOT.64, LOT.74 and LOT.674.
We borrowed the buckle-back cinch of the LOT.44, slapped it on there, and are calling this release the LOT.54BB. We tricked-out the rear by incorporating our classic Buckaroos printed cloth patch under the back cinch strap, traditionally stitching the label on top of the waistband/back-yoke but under the center belt loop.
The Mister Freedom® Californian LOT.54BB are designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.