Pattern: An all original MFSC design. Inspired by 1950’s outdoor quilted vests, vintage hunting and arctic wear.
Fabric: Four fabric options, all milled in Japan, exclusively for MFSC
1) Rayon/Cotton “Breezer” type BLACK
2) Rayon/Cotton “Breezer” type ROYAL BLUE
3) Midnight Twill, 10 oz., Indigo warp x black weft (aka ‘black back denim’)
4) Indigo selvedge denim, Okinawa SC 301, 50% sugar cane x 50% cotton fibers, 14 oz.
* 100% cotton padding, same as used in 1950’s Silk souvenir Jackets. Quilted to face, not to lining.
* 100% wool MIL-SPECS navy blue knit.
* Full 1950s style “Conmar” metal zipper, cotton taping. Top snaps for full front top zip-up.
* Two front denim ‘expansion fold’ pockets, one back pocket. Flap top with Fiocchi snap. Denim is 10 oz. Okinawa indigo selvedge SugarCane (50% cotton – 50% sugar cane fiber). Reinforcement corner metal rivets.
* 100% wool MIL-SPECS navy blue elastic knit used for gussets.
* Extended back tail, for protection when bending. 100% cotton tonal stitching.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Chiller Vest comes raw/unwashed. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry.
Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina over time, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
Anyone who has ever worked outside on a cold winter day knows of the pros of a warm padded vest: freedom of arm movement, warm body and no sweat! So, badabing.
Snug fit for minimum air circulation between body and lining. Can be worn over jacket, over shirt or under jacket. Size accordingly.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.