Continental Trousers - "Le Parisien"
* An mfsc original, a re-vamped pattern of the Mister Freedom® Sportsman Chinos featuring a slimmed down silhouette with an elegant late 50’s-early 60’s attitude.
* Fabric: Indigo selvedge chambray, slubby, tightly-woven blend of 85% cotton/15% linen, plain weave dark indigo warp with unbleached weft yarns, a dry and crispy hand fabric featuring a characteristic white/red stripe selvedge ID, milled Japan.
* Pocket bags and waist band: NOS 100% cotton woven stripe twill, Italian origin.
* Elegant late 1950′s early 1960’s type silhouette and fit, straight leg.
* Tonal corozo wood fly and waist buttons.
* Fabric selvedge displayed on the leg split outer seam.
* Rear welt pockets.
* Trousers-style belt loops.
* Adjustable back cinch strap, with vintage NOS metal slide buckles.
* 100% cotton NOS fancy woven stripe twill pocket bags & waist band.
* NOS indigo twill fly/cinch facing.
* Watch pocket.
* Tonal stitching, 100% cotton thread construction, with inside green chainstich MF® signature.
* Original “The SPORTSMAN” woven rayon label on rear waistband, concealed when wearing a belt.
* Tailor shop-style unfinished overlocked leg bottom, to suit your cuffing preferences.
* Made in USA.
Use code "Continental15" at checkout when buying 2 or more Continental garments for a 15% discount
The Mister Freedom® Continental Trousers comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Fits true to size.
CL's Advice: The Continental Trousers are true to size. If you are a measured-waist 32 inches, you are a stamped W32 in the Continental Trouser. Do not size down on these.
Please note that the Continental Trousers pattern might not be a good option for all body types. Proportion-wise, those with very muscular legs will probably look better in our regular Sportsman Chino models.
Hemming: After the initial soak/hang dry process, we recommend settling down on the final length of the bottom hem after gently wearing the trousers around the house a bit. The crispy cotton-linen fabric tends to naturally bunch/wrinkle and pull the leg up slightly. Letting this specific fabric react to your own body for an hour or so will allow you to decide on a proper classic leg break that works for you.
Machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
We reached out to our friends and classics’ replica specialists at Toyo Enterprises and submitted a vintage fabric swatch cut from a 1920’s-30’s pair of French work trousers. After studying each yarn of the intricate weave under a microscope (textile expert Arai San literally does that), instructions and tech-pack were given to a Japanese fabric mill to replicate the challenging textile…
The result is the magnifique selvedge Mock-Twist stripe twill of our “Le Parisien”!
These classic trousers are the bottom half of our ongoing “Continental” series, an unpretentious all-made-in-USA casual suiting concept.
The Continental Trousers feature a slick late 1950’s-early 1960’s silhouette, with a slim leg and a mid-rise fitted top block. The keen eye will notice the obvious similarities with the Mister Freedom® Sportsman Chinos. The Continental Trousers are the more elegant option of the two.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.