El Americano Trousers - Covert - (Sold Out)
This item is sold out and will not be restocked.
* Fabric: 12 Oz. 60% cotton and 40% linen canvas with a stripe pattern. Milled in Japan.
* Straight leg, 20’s~30’s gent slacks type silhouette, higher rise, MF® revisited.
* Adjustable side straps with vintage NOS metal slide buckles.
* Clean side seam: Selvedge for duck and covert options, indigo poplin tape for corduroy.
* Double button waist closure (please note that the corduroy option has one single metal rivet button, due to bulkiness of fabric)
* Button fly. ‘Art Deco’ type corrozo buttons.
* Indigo covert fabric pocket bags and waistband lining.
* Trousers thin belt loops (not five pocket jeans like)
* Decorative arcuate stitch on pockets, an early European tailoring detail.
* ‘Smiley’ type rear welt pockets.
* Lap seam (aka caballo machine) seat and inseam construction
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® El Americano Trousers comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I wear from waist 30 or 32 in mfsc pants and I opted for a 32 in these.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
The style of these El Americano Trousers are inspired by 1920’s-30’s type gentlemen slacks from the olden days when a man’s waist rose above the hip bones.
This cotton linen blend canvas is milled and dyed exclusively for us in Japan, inspired by a vintage Swiss Military bag from the MF® Archive, creating a fabric with a random pattern resulting in a mix of a covert (salt and pepper) and striped textile.
For inspiration we played with period elements like decorative pocket arcuates, adjustable side straps, and curved welted rear pockets.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.