El Americano Waistcoat - Indigo Corduroy
* 14.5 Oz. mid wale 100% cotton corduroy. Indigo vat dyed. Milled and dyed in Japan.
* Slim silhouette, Old West waistcoat style. Angled front panels and curved back vented one-piece panel.
* Small round lapel.
* Off-set shoulder construction.
* High buttoned style (7 buttons).
* Three front pockets.
* 100% cotton sateen tonal back panel.
* Underarm gusset.
* Engraved coconut wood buttons, aka ivory nut, aka corozo (and no, not chorizo as my spell check suggests.)
* Full adjustable cinch back with French vintage New Old Stock metal slide buckle.
* Unbleached cotton sail cloth pocket lining.
* 100% cotton tonal stitching.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® El Americano Waistcoat comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I am usually a 38/medium and wear a 38 “El Americano” waistcoat.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
The El Americano waistcoat is the result of mixing several European vintage specimen of the early 1900’s combining fancy tailoring tricks and details.
This mid wale corduroy is milled and vat dyed exclusively for us in Japan, creating a fabric with a deep shade of blue that will develop a beautiful patina over time.
Our waistcoat features angled front panels, a curved back vented one-piece panel to and a lapel style associated with the Old West.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.