Lawrence Jacket "Sunshine" Edition - Size 40F5
* Inspired by 1930’s “Grizzly” type leather jackets, and other vintage American sportswear and outdoor garments, and somewhat by the 1962 film “Lawrence of Arabia”.
* Vegetable tanned leather, full grain cowhide, milled and supple, natural finish and color, about 2-3 Oz weight, sourced in USA.
* Up-cycled vintage Oriental rugs of the Kilim family, with a probable provenance in Pakistan and surrounding regions.
* Lining: 100% cotton brushed flannel with a 1940’s-50’s-inspired vibrant plaid pattern, discharge-printed. Fabric milled in Japan.
* Fully lined with a soft cotton brushed flannel featuring a vintage style discharge-printed plaid pattern.
* Front panels cut from a vintage genuine Oriental Kilim rug.
* Full single panel veg-tan leather back.
* Slash pockets with arrow-head pocket stops.
* Side gussets with adjustable side straps (NOS metal slide buckles)
* Keyhole button holes.
* Corozo ‘Cat Eyes’ wood buttons, backed by vintage-style corozo wood “cat-eyes” buttons.
* Mister Freedom® woven “Sportsman” label.
* American-sourced hides.
* Limited Edition. Each jacket is a one-of-a-kind collectible.
* Made in USA.
The Mister Freedom® Campus Jacket is available ready to wear as-is. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: The MF® LAWRENCE Jacket is true to size. I am usually a 38 in mfsc jackets and opted for a 38 in the MF® LAWRENCE, with enough room for a lightweight layer underneath.
The fit is relatively snug, so we do not advise sizing-down on this garment if you are in-between sizes.
We recommend you leave your Lawrence Jacket as-is and just wear it. Treat with care when necessary. Use appropriate products for leather garments and please be aware that almost anything applied to light colored leather will alter its color.
Do not attempt to “wash” the Kilim woven panels. Use a dry, plastic bristle brush for cleaning if needed.
We do not recommend dry cleaning your Lawrence Jacket.
Seek the help of a professional leather cleaner should staining occur that you cannot live with.
Should parts of your jacket get accidentally stained from normal wear, consider this a normal stage of the evolution of an outdoor garment. As often witnessed on well-worn vintage leather jackets, wear, stains and scratches will eventually blend-in into the most attractive and unique patinas.
The Lawrence Jacket blends antique oriental textiles with our classic leather jacket pattern to create a new leather garment à la MF®.
This natural veg-tanned LAWRENCE Jacket have received a special outdoor treatment over several months, bathing under our lovely California sunshine and conditioned with ample doses of patience and elbow grease!
Please note that we just wanted to kick-start the process of a natural patina, not ‘distress’ the jacket or mimic a vintage patina. The select few LAWRENCE jackets “Sunshine” edition definitely remain a DIY project for the future owner, they have 100% life left in them, as they have not been weakened by industrial “vintage” distressing.
We carefully selected candidates of flat-woven Kilim rugs from the first half of the 20th century. Each rug was hand-picked for its attractive geometric motifs, vintage appeal, fine color combination, unique hand-woven imperfections, occasional period hand-repairs and overall natural patina.
DISCLAIMER: Your LAWRENCE Jacket may feature the authentic ranch “branding iron” (scar) mark typical of livestock raised outdoors. Each hide we select features its own single original ranch branding, more or less visible/well-defined. When both the yield of a hide and the ranch brand position permit it, our factory cutters have been instructed to include the original mark usually on one of the shoulder yoke panels. Not all of our leather jackets feature a branding iron mark, but those that do are much sought-after by our customers for their uniqueness.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®.