Le Paletot Apache - Indigo Metisse
* Fabric: 9.7 Oz. 70% cotton and 30% linen twill blend, indigo dyed. Milled in Japan to our specifications.
* Original MFSC Corozo natural wood buttons. (aka “vegetable ivory”, corozo buttons where an hi-end option for suiting from the 1900’s to 1940’s.)
* Leather dart pocket corners.
* Three front flap pockets, with NOS Bedford cord pocket bags.
* Hidden chest pocket
* Cinch back strap, with french NOS sharp prong metal buckle.
* Throat latch.
* Slanted button holes.
* All cotton thread tonal stitching, french seams, no overlock/open seams inside and out.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Paletot Apache comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
Our Paletot get its moniker from old school French slang and a nod to the Apache gang roaming around Paris in the early 1900s.
This jacket is inspired by early French garb mixed with work coats and outdoor jackets to create an elegant yet rugged garment.
For this iteration of our Paletot Apache we developed a beautiful indigo métisse cotton/linen twill. The indigo outer has a purple blue shade typical of early french indigo work clothes. This fabric is guaranteed to develop an attractive patina over time.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.