Map Shirt - Frog Skin
* Fabric: 100% cotton Herringbone Twill (HBT), P1942 “frog skin” camouflage, double sided printing. Fabric milled in Japan for Buzz Rickson’s.
* Comfortable over-shirt fit.
* USN-type chambray accents (collar facing, wrist gussets, pocket flap facing, inside pockets)
* Two chest pockets, concealed button flaps.
* One large map inside pocket, side opening.
* One concealed chest pocket, top opening.
* Concealed button-hole tape placket.
* Light brown corozo buttons.
* Flat-felled seam construction.
* OD 100% cotton thread stitching.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Map Shirt comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: It is intended to be a comfortable fitting shirt, easy to wear over a chambray shirt or t-shirt. If you are a Medium in mfsc jackets/shirts, you are a Medium in the Map Shirt.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
The Map Shirt, while inspired by the M1953 Utility Shirt issued to the Marine Corps in the 1950’s, we figured we’d give that pattern a few MF® twists.
Our map shirt gets its name from the large concealed chest pocket originally designed to hold topographic maps. Being one of two interior pockets made from a cotton chambray, the shirt also features two exterior chest pockets with concealed button flaps. Both accented by the same USN-type chambray.
The camouflage pattern of our Map Shirt is the P1942 frog skin camouflage. With its origins in the early days of WW2, it is considered to be the first printed camouflage issued to American Armed Forces. Please note our P1942 camo fabric was printed using traditional methods, not computers.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.