Drover Blouse - Melton Wool
* Fabric: 100% Melton wool, soft hand, 31 Oz., selvedge. Indigo vat dyed, about 10 dips, deep dark tone.
* Body lining: 100% cotton indigo covert twill (aka salt & pepper), 8.5 Oz
* Sleeve lining: 100% cotton ticking (white w/ blue stripes).
* Trim 1920′s~30′s type silhouette, high waist.
* Original round collar.
* Back darting and expansion gusset, 1930′s style.
* Side waist adjustable straps.
* Horsehide leather side and cuff cinch straps (with vintage NOS French metal slide buckles)
* Cowhide leather pocket trimming.
* Arrow chest pocket.
* Horsehide leather detachable chin-strap.
* Wool selvedge on front panels button facing.
* Seven button front. Brown Corozo wood buttons (aka Ivory nut).
* Tonal 100% cotton stitching.
* No exposed seam, no overlock.
* Limited Edition.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Drover Blouse is available ready-to-wear.
CL's Advice: The Indigo Melton Drover is true to size. I usually wear a 38 in mfsc, and a 38 Drover fits me snug. You might want to size up if you are in between two sizes, especially if you will be wearing sweaters or layering this winter.
Professional dry clean.
Note: Due to the nature of indigo dye, crocking is expected and normal. Some color transfer is to be expected for a period of time. Indigo is also sun sensitive and will change in color when exposed.
The Drover Blouse, inspired by 1920′s~30′s sport type jackets, leather A-1 type coats and early Chimayo jackets, to create an all original MF® pattern.
For this version we used a high grade Melton wool that is milled and indigo dyed in Japan to our specs. The natural wool was dyed first, then cut & sewn instead of garment dyeing. This way all the horsehide leather trims/lining keep their contrasting touch.
The body lining consist of an indigo covert fabric we had milled in Japan, while the sleeves are lined with a cotton stripe ticking.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.