* Raw 14 Oz. indigo dyed selvedge denim, left hand twill. 50% cotton blended with 50% recycled sugar cane fibers. White selvedge with green ID line. Milled in Japan.
* Collar facing is made of NOS 12 Oz. selvedge Cone denim.
* Shorter silhouette.
* Six high button front style, allowing easy access to higher waist style trousers pockets. Detail also typical of horseback riding coats, allowing the jacket to ‘break’ at the proper place when fully buttoned.
* Single piece front panels, no shoulder yoke.
* Adjustable side cinch straps, with vintage NOS metal buckles.
* Corozo wood detachable ‘ring’ buttons.
* Green color button holes and eyelets.
* Deep wrap pockets, double compartment.
* Concealed left chest pocket, made of NOS stripe cotton twill.
* Selvedge used in split back, button front panel/pockets/cuffs facing.
* Single needle and chain stitch flat felled seams, with 100% cotton tonal thread stitching.
* Designed and Made in the USA.
The Mister Freedom® Loco Jacket comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I usual wear a 38 (Medium) in all mfsc jackets, and I wear a 38 in this denim coat.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
Note: Please remove the detachable ring buttons should you choose to machine wash your jacket.
For our first "iron horse" related garment, we designed a denim railroad jacket with a ‘local artisan made’ feel to it. The result is a cross-breed between a European work coat and a classic American railroad jacket.
The fabric of choice is an MF® favorite known as "Okinawa 301". An indigo dyed left hand twill combining cotton yarn with recycled sugar cane fibers creating a strong, slubby, "hairy" and coarse denim. This fabric is guaranteed to develop and attractive patina over time.
The Loco Jacket features a split back panel displaying the denim selvedge on the insidee, deep copper-riveted side wrap pockets and the green accents are a nod to American work-wear.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.