Topsiders - NOS OD HBT
* Pattern adapted from an original pair of WW2 US Navy denim dungarees.
* Fabric: Crispy 100% cotton New Old Stock Olive Drab Herringbone Twill.
* High-waisted, roomy straight leg, vintage 1940’s military utility trousers silhouette.
* Wrap-leg construction (no side seams).
* Button fly, metal tack buttons, oxidized black donut type.
* Vintage USMC-style oxidized black Wreath & Star donut type waist button.
* Two functioning rounded-bottom front patch pockets, two deep rounded-bottom rear back pockets.
* Adjustable back cinch strap.
* Skinny belt-loops for 2” wide belts.
* Flat felled seam construction for seat and inseam.
* 100% cotton tonal stitching.
* MF® Sportsman green inside chainstitch accent.
* Made in USA.
The Mister Freedom® Topsiders comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size with a generous waist. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and light tumble dry. This process will also emphasize the subtle puckering of the seams/stitching, a common characteristic of vintage workwear. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I opted for a size 32, with a generous waist and full silhouette. I adjusted the back strap strap, fully cinching it. I could squeeze in a Waist 30, but, with this model, subjectively preferred the wide leg and comfortable silhouette of the Waist 32.
Machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Light tumble dry or line dry.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
Heavily inspired by an original pair of USN wrap-leg dungarees, our Topsiders feature an adapted cut from its vintage predecessor.
Instead of the uncommonly high-rise found on our vintage pair they now have a high rise more suited for today’s standards. Like the original from our archives, the Topsiders feature four patch pockets and the desirable 1940's wide military dungarees silhouette. We also added the old cinch-back strap for good measure.
For the Topsiders' introduction to the made in USA Sportsman catalog we chose a vintage New Old Stock fabric, a fine lot of crisp 100% cotton Olive Drab Herringbone Twill.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.