* Fabric: 14 Oz. indigo dyed selvedge denim, left hand twill. 50% cotton blended with 50% recycled sugar cane fibers. White selvedge with green ID line. Milled in Japan.
* Pocket bags: NOS all cotton stripe twill, USA. Seat lining patch: white cotton sailcloth.
* Trousers construction.
* “Cowboy” front pocket opening.
* Back welt pockets.
* Side cinch straps, with NOS vintage French metal buckles.
* Selvedge leg side seam.
* Open bottom hem, for your cuffing discretion (hemmed, double hemmed, rolled…)
* Unmarked copper riveting.
* Concealed accent with green thread button holes and inside chain stitch.
* Flared waistband (narrower in back).
* Slim belt loops (trouser style).
* NOS stripe twill pocket bags and cotton sailcloth seat facing.
* Early type ‘donut’ metal waist button, brown corozo wood fly buttons.
* All cotton thread tonal stitching.
* Made in USA.
The Mister Freedom® Vaquero Jeans comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size with a generous waist. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I am usually between a waist 30 and 32 with MFSC trousers/jeans, and I am wearing a 30 in the Vaquero Blue Jeans.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
For this pair of work pants we borrowed details from tailor shops of the Old World, resulting in the Vaquero Jeans. These blue jeans are constructed like early European trousers with features including side cinch straps, inside waist button flap, back welt pockets with reinforced facing, no back yoke and an open bottom hem.
The fabric of choice is an MF® favorite known as "Okinawa 301". An indigo dyed left hand twill combining cotton yarn with recycled sugar cane fibers creating a strong, slubby, "hairy" and coarse denim. This fabric is guaranteed to develop and attractive patina over time.
Finally, the copper riveting, selvedge side seams and green stitching is a nod to vintage workwear giving the Vaqueros a cowboy pants feel.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.