Rock 'n' Roll Shirt "Biribi" - White
* Body pattern inspired by classic vintage 1940’s-50’s Aloha shirts.
* Fabric: 100% rayon fabric, woven and printed in Japan with traditional techniques.
* Limited edition collaboration with the Sun Surf® label.
* Original MF® ‘novelty print’ fabric inspired by 1920’s-1940’s Body Art from French penitentiaries in North Africa known as Biribi, and early maritime tattoos.
* 1940’s-style open ‘loop’ collar.
* Matching-pattern chest pockets.
* Genuine indigo-dyed corozo wood buttons.
* Packaged in a fancy re-usable cardboard shirting box, featuring original MF® artwork inspired by vintage LP covers.
* Made in Japan.
Both white and dark navy “Rock & Roll” Biribi fits true to size. We adopted the time-tested sizing of Sun Surf®’s Aloha shirts for this garment. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I wear a Medium in most mfsc shirting, and opted for a comfortable Medium in the “Biribi” shirt. True to size, not intended to be worn tight, or tucked-in.
Professional dry clean, in your local eco-friendly facility.
For this Rock & Roll shirt, we decided to go from Jailhouse Rock to… breaking rocks! So long Nashville, good morning Tataouine. This may sound strange of a destination for an Aloha shirt theme, but we figured Waikiki beaches were covered and, for graphic inspiration, chose to venture instead to the burning Sahara sands, destination the French penal colonies of North Africa, aka Biribi.
Our graphics were freely inspired by “bousille”, an obsolete style of French Body Art with roots in the maritime and disciplinary world, well-documented thanks to Alphonse Bertillon and official photographic criminal records of the early 1900’s~1940’s.
Tailoring-wise, we selected one of Sun Surf®’s time-tested classic body pattern, a typical 1940’s rayon Aloha shirt model with the traditional loop open collar. We opted for a 100% rayon fabric this time, for that breezy, cool feeling and fine drape.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sun Surf®.