Californian Lot. 674 - Double Indigo (Slim Leg)
PATTERN: The Californian Lot 674 combines the best of two worlds, the top block of the Lot 64 with the tapered leg of the Lot 74, for a pair of blue jeans with a mid-60’s twist. The Lot 674 is our slimmest jeans silhouette, and it's as slim as we’ll go.
Visit the Californian Family-page for more info on our blue jeans offerings.
FABRIC: Double Indigo Denim, selvedge, 12.4 Oz. milled in Japan.
* Classic vintage five-pocket blue jeans pattern.
* Button fly, original MF®-branded ‘silver’ tack buttons, topped with brass finish waist button.
* Selvedge leg outseam.
* NOS printed brushed cotton flannel pocket bags featuring a 1960s paisley-type motif.
* MF® original white “M” stitch design on rear pockets.
* Natural cowhide leather MF®-branded patch on rear pocket.
* Twelve types of 100% cotton threads (gauge and color combination) used for construction. Main colors are yellow and orange.
* Coin pocket with concealed selvedge.
* Selvedge button hole fly placket.
* Hidden back pocket reinforcement rivets, with top pocket reinforcement zig-zag stitching.
* Unlined rear pockets.
* Unmarked copper riveting for pocket reinforcement.
* Original MF® paper pocket flasher (special “Mask-up ya hippie!” tie-dye pattern).
* Made in USA
The “Double Indigo” Californian LOT.674 blue jeans come UN-WASHED and are cut so that the measurements match the labeling AFTER an initial cold soak/line dry. For instance, a tagged W32 x L34 will shrink to approximately 32 inches x 34 inches after a soak/dry process.
We recommend the usual protocol before wearing:
- Cold soak for about 30-40mn, with occasional hand agitation.
- Spin dry in machine and line dry.
- Wear briefly before fully-dry to set creases, then hang until fully dry.
CL's Advice: The “Double Indigo” Californian Lot.674 are considered true-to-size.
A tagged W32 will most-likely be the right size for an individual with an approximate measured waist of +/- 32 inches, and with average body proportions. (Note that your natural waist is a bit bellow the belly button, not bellow the hips.)
The size that will work best for you depends on how you like your jeans to fit. I opted for a W31 in the Lot.674 “Double Indigo”, which tends to be my size of choice for the MF® selection of 1960s slim jeans patterns, such as our the Speedways, Malibu’s, Lot.74, and all Lot.674 models in general.
Cuffing: Playing around with period “flood length” and getting your jeans hemmed to your desired length, rather than doing roll-ups or contemporary stacking, will help convey the sixties vibe of the Californian Lot.674 cut.
Please refer to sizing chart for approximate raw/soaked measurements.
Soaked = 30-40mn cold soak, spin dry and line dry (ie. minimal shrinkage).
Launder when needed.
We recommend turning indigo blue/denim garments inside out to avoid marbling during laundering. Machine wash, cold water, gentle cycle, eco-friendly mild detergent and line dry.
Potential attractive patina will develop according to activities and frequency of wear.
Please note that dark indigo might cause color transfer, and potentially “bleed” on light-colored garments, furniture, and skin. This indigo color “crocking” is temporary.
The Lot.674 of the MF® Californian Blue Jeans family is our slimmest fit in the five-pocket pattern selection, blending the top block and button fly of the Lot.64 with the leg of the Lot.74. This gives the Lot.674 its slim & lean silhouette characteristic of casual 1960s “stovepipe leg” denim jeans. See here for a recap of our Californian cuts.
The Californian LOT.674 blue jeans “Double Indigo” edition are designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.