Continental Sportcoat - Chambray
* An original mfsc pattern, inspired by cotton work coats and other unstructured blazers, notably a 1950’s French postal uniform jacket.
* Fabric: Slubby, tightly woven ndigo selvedge chambray, blend of 85% cotton/15% linen, plain weave dark indigo warp with unbleached weft yarns, a dry and crispy hand fabric featuring a characteristic white/red stripe selvedge ID, milled Japan.
* Pocket bags and waist band: NOS 100% cotton woven stripe twill, Italian origin.
* Unstructured silhouette.
* Lightweight and easily folded, perfect traveling companion.
* Late 50’s, early 60’s vibe high button front.
* Fabric selvedge concealed in the pocket construction.
* Tonal corozo wood butons.
* Half shoulder floating lining, 100% cotton NOS fancy woven stripe twill.
* Side hip pockets with flaps.
* Pocket openings reinforced on the inside with facing fabric.
* Tonal 100% cotton stitching, all clean caballo (chainstitch) flat-felled seam construction, green color “Sportsman” signature chainstitch on the inside. No open edges or overlock.
* Made in USA.
Use code "Continental15" at checkout when buying 2 or more Continental garments for a 15% discount
The Mister Freedom® Continental Sportcoat comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Fits true to size.
CL's Advice: I personally opted for a Size 38 in the Continental sportcoat. This is my usual sizes in the Continental series and most mfsc garments.
Due to the specific fabric drape of the indigo chambray, the Continental RIVIERA might feel a bit more generously-cut than its slim-fitting black-coated denim “JC” predecessor. This is more noticeable on the RIVIERA trousers, that tend to look like they feature a wider leg than previous Continental trousers, but feature very similar measurements.
Machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
This classic and versatile unstructured blazer is a part of our “Continental” series, an unpretentious all-made-in-USA casual suiting concept. The pattern is deprived from a French 1950’s cotton khaki twill work coat, pulled out of an old trunk belonging to a French postal worker.
We adapted the vintage design to make it a bit more glamorous, but not going full Thomas Crown either. We aimed for ‘sporty playboy’ over 9-to-5 clerk. Yet, we wanted a casual sportswear feel.
The fit is quite relaxed, with darts to cinch the waist and a kind of drop-shoulder pattern for top volume.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.