Continental Sportcoat - Player Denim
Use code "Continental15" at checkout when buying 2 or more Continental garments for a 15% discount
* An original mfsc pattern, inspired by cotton work coats and other unstructured blazers, notably a 1950’s French postal uniform jacket.
* Fabric: NOS 10.5 Oz. crosshatch denim twill, light indigo moss blue-green color, slubby weave of cotton-linen blend, with a 1960’s ‘sharkskin’-type sheen, milled in Europe.
* Lining: NOS fancy woven stripe 100% cotton twill, milled in Europe.
* Unstructured silhouette.
* Lightweight and soft, perfect traveling companion.
* High button front.
* Amber color corrozo wood butons.
* Half shoulder floating lining, 100% cotton NOS fancy woven stripe twill.
* Side hip pockets with flaps.
* Pocket openings reinforced on the inside.
* Contrast orange 100% cotton stitching, clean caballo flat-felled seam construction, green color “Sportsman” signature chainstitch on the inside. No open edges or overlock.
* Made in USA.
The Mister Freedom® Continental Sportcoat comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I personally opted for a Size 38 in the Continental sportcoat and vest, and Waist 32 trousers. These are my usual sizes in mfsc garments.
Hand wash or machine wash unbuttoned on delicate, cold water with minimal environmentally friendly detergent. Line dry.
NOTE: It is the nature of cotton-vegetable fiber blend textiles to wrinkle and slightly stretch back and forth with each laundry/wear cycle. For example, freshly laundered linen garments fit tighter in the morning than at the end of the day. If you prefer a clean, pressed look following the initial soaking process, the Continental Vest can be steamed or professionally pressed.
This classic and versatile unstructured blazer is a part of our “Continental” series, an unpretentious all-made-in-USA casual suiting concept. The pattern is deprived from a French 1950’s cotton khaki twill work coat, pulled out of an old trunk belonging to a French postal worker.
We adapted the vintage design to make it a bit more glamorous, but not going full Thomas Crown either. We aimed for ‘sporty playboy’ over 9-to-5 clerk. Yet, we wanted a casual sportswear feel.
The fit is quite relaxed, with darts to cinch the waist and a kind of drop-shoulder pattern for top volume.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.