Gabier Jacket - Nep Denim
* 12 oz. selvedge "neppy" denim. Milled and dyed to our specs in Japan.
* Sail-inspired horizontal spliced panel construction.
* Raglan sleeves.
* Unlined, no open seams, caballo-type chainstitch construction.
* Painted metal snaps.
* Arm pocket featuring an oh-so hi-tech concealed button-hole opening for your iPhone® headphone cable, which you will never use.
* Cinchable waist with pull cord.
* Metal mesh eyelets for underarm ventilation and pocket water drainage.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Gabier Jacket comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: As often with mfsc jackets, I am in-between two sizes with the Gabier and opted for a size 36.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
The MF® Gabier Jacket is by no mean an attempt at a sea-worthy garment by nautical pro-gear standards. It merely carries a bit of salty air nostalgia.
The original idea for this jacket came from bright-colored vintage sails, with colors spliced together for easy ID at sea, and probably to entertain seagulls.
This version features a solid 12 oz. “neppy” selvedge denim with a lighter indigo hue and orange contrast stitching & snaps for a little 70's flair.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.